1968 Camaro project.

Thread: 1968 Camaro project.

1968 Camaro project.

This is my 68 Camaro when I brought it home in 96. It sat as a future project for a long time.
    image.jpg
    Started working on it in 2013. After soda blast.
    image.jpg
    After it came home from paint.
    image.jpg image.jpg
    Pulled the subframe out and smoothed all welds and painted.
    image.jpg
    Last edited by FirstGenCamaros; 11-20-2016 at 08:00 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CamaroOwners.com
    Advertisements

Smooth firewall for a nice clean look.
    image.jpg
    496" BBC built by Basko Race Engines in Gilbert AZ. Made 600hp and 590 ft.lbs. at the flywheel. 9:1 comp.
    image.jpg
    Car has an engine in it after almost 20 years.
    image.jpg
    Mid length caramic coated patriot headers for maximum ground clearance.
    image.jpg
    Inner fender wells are smoothed and painted.
    image.jpg

Looks like it is coming right along. Much success in your project. With that motor it should be a real blast to drive on the 1/4. I am hoping to hit in the 11s on mine when it is ready. LFT

Car looks awesome....What Color Red is that? I seen you bought the motor from someone in Gilbert ever looked at Beck Racing I believe he is in Chandler or phoenix?
    I never said i was the fastest...I have just always said you will not get ahead of me.....

The red is Sherwin Williams straight red toner. I looked into Beck. Lots of negative reviews from what I found. Basko did a good job. Took a little longer than it should have, but that's pretty typical with machine shops.

I have a 65 Chevelle that I want to paint Red and seems real hard to find a color that does not have much Orange in it lol I want Red red ....
    Others have mentioned that Viper Red is real nice however that red you have done looks great.
    So to buy a small amount so I can spray a test panel to see it in person it's just Sherwin Williams red NO toner correct?
    What color did you use for a prior and sealer
    I never said i was the fastest...I have just always said you will not get ahead of me.....

Have you thought of putting electric exhaust cutout valves on it.

Otis

Quote Originally Posted by blonby View Post
    I have a 65 Chevelle that I want to paint Red and seems real hard to find a color that does not have much Orange in it lol I want Red red ....
    Others have mentioned that Viper Red is real nice however that red you have done looks great.
    So to buy a small amount so I can spray a test panel to see it in person it's just Sherwin Williams red NO toner correct?
    What color did you use for a prior and sealer
    Not no toner, straight toner. The color is literally straight toner. The color is awesome because it's formulated in the lab not mixed at the store. I have panels that were painted 6 months apart and you can't tell. Light gray primer was used.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGenCamaros View Post
    Not no toner, straight toner. The color is literally straight toner. The color is awesome because it's formulated in the lab not mixed at the store. I have panels that were painted 6 months apart and you can't tell. Light gray primer was used.
    Sure makes touch ups easier.

Quite a car!
    1969 Camaro Coupe

looking good so far ...... keep us updated with progress pics

12. Remove Advertisements
    CamaroOwners.com
    Advertisements